Vivienne Westwood launched her Red Label Spring 2013 show with an earthy theme. Girls with colored faces, in flowy dresses & flowers in their hair strutted down the catwalk. She says she’s bored with fashion and uses it as a spring board for her new passion – Climate Revolution. She released a manifesto from her blog. Here is how you too can join her Active Resistance.
How to join the Revolution
Many people have changed their way of living. The more this happens, the greater the Revolution, the greater the chance of saving our planet.
1) Money is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
2) Quality v Quantity
3) Buy less, choose well, make it last (we don’t want the “latest thing” just for the sake of it.)
“I never waste money I spend it”- Oscar Wilde. Maybe you’ll give a donation to an NGO or charity.
4) Prepare and cook your own food.
5) Cut out plastic
6) Inform yourselves
7) NGO’s: there are thousands, follow one in particular and give your support. You will learn a lot.
8) Consider the responsibility of not having or having children.
9) Take an active part in the Revolution as it starts to build.
10) Engage in art and culture.
Except for the plastic and donating to NGO’s it fits in with my life! Now, if only I could find her clothes at the Oxfam…
Read more here – Vivienne’s Diary